Next Generation Community Policing Conference 2017
25 oktober - 27 oktober | Fodele Beach Hotel, Heraklion Crete, Greece | European Neighborhood Watch Association | Website
Community policing aims at stressing prevention, early identification, timely intervention, as well as better crime reporting, identification of risks, unreported and undiscovered crime. Individual police inspectors are encouraged to spend considerable time and effort in developing and maintaining personal relationships with citizens and different community organizations.
In large urban environments there are various challenges and threats to urban security linked to their big size and large population. New approaches and innovative solutions, including sustainable, affordable and transferrable security technologies, are needed to solicit citizens' engagement to prevent, mitigate and recover from the security challenges and to foster their direct participation in the improvement of the urban security conditions.
All participating entities are expected to present innovative approaches for:
- Strengthened community policing principles through effective and efficient tools, procedures and approaches.
- Early identification, timely intervention, as well as better crime reporting, identification of risks, unreported and undiscovered crime through the community.
- Strengthened and accelerated communication between citizens and police forces. Overall, strengthened community feeling and lower feeling of insecurity.
- Reduce the fear of crime and enhance the perception of security of the inhabitants of large urban environments.
- Better addressing security challenges in large urban environments.
- Increase the perception of security of citizens by empowering them, fostering their sense of belonging to a greater community.
- Facilitating the engagement of citizens to improve the security conditions of smart cities.
One of the most anticipated sessions of the NGCP Conference is sure to be the live demonstrations regarding the technological solutions developed within the framework of the coorganizing funded projects. In these live demos information about the new technologies and the real conditions application of them will be revealed. The stakeholders will have the opportunity to interact with the projects’ developers and learn more about the developed solutions of the innovative systems in use.
The architecture of the open space of the conference venue, resembles to the one of a small village, giving the opportunity to the live demo attendants to experience a high proximity of the application of the systems in modern urban environment.
The live demos will take place on the 27th of October during the last day of the NGCP Conference.
For more information go to this website.