Young Brainport Summer School eligibility and application details
Important dates for the Young Brainport Summer School 2019 will be announced later.
Do you want to receive the latest information regarding the date, applicationprocedure and the program of the YBSS 2019 first? Then click here to leave your contactinformation and we will contact you soon!
Students are welcome to apply if they:
- Have a passion for and strong ability in physics and mathematics as reflected in high school course grades and extracurricular activities.
- Have a keen interest in technological developments.
- Are currently in the final two years of secondary school and have not yet begun full-time studies at a post-secondary institution.*
- Intend to pursue a technical study program at university level in the future.
- As the summer school will be conducted in English, applicants are expected to be fluent at speaking and writing in this language.
*The recommended age for this program is 16 – 18 years. However, students who fall outside of this age range may still apply and will be considered.
A completed application package will consist of the following:
1. Personal information form
2. Extracurricular activities
3. Video pitch ''I am the perfect candidate for the Young Brainport Summer School!''
4. Teacher assessment
- Student ranking evaluation
- Written assessment
5. Additional information
- Official transcript/report of marks (secondary school transcripts only)
- Proof of citizenship (copy of either passport/ID card/birth certificate only)
6. Parental consent form
Follow these guidelines when submitting your application package:
- The completed application package must be digitally submitted together in the order above.
- Application packages received otherwise will not be considered.
- Your application must be typed.
- Your name and country must be included in the top right corner of all pages of the application package.
- Do not include any extra pages, copies of awards, covers or photos with your package.
- The completed application package needs to be send in one .pdf file by email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please mention ´Application YBSS + first & last name´ in the subject of the email.
- After submission of your application, a confirmation email will be send to you within 48 hours.
Failure to comply with all submission guidelines will result in application being disqualified.
The program fee is €300 (excl. VAT) payable upon acceptance into the program. Students are allowed to bring spending money for souvenirs or additional snacks.
DUTCH students accepted need to fund their transportation costs themselves. Hence, ground transportation to and from the accommodation of the summer school will not be covered.
INTERNATIONAL students accepted must fund their own return airfare from their home country to Schiphol Airport of Eindhoven Airport and purchase appropriate travel/health insurance. Ground transportation to and from the airport to the accommodation of the summer school will be provided by the organisation of the summer school.